Valuable for its stunning appeal, this highly decorative grass is one of the most beautiful ornamental grasses for the garden, where it provides a lovely contrast with other plants, mulch or gravel. ‘Evergold’ is evergreen throughout most of its growing range.
- Recipient of the prestigious Award of Garden Merit of the Royal Horticultural Society
- Forms a densely tufted, spilling tussock of slender, iridescent foliage that shimmers in slight breezes. It mixes beautifully with almost any flowering bulbs or perennial plants to create spectacular and elegantly mobile combinations.
- Grows easily about 10-12 in. tall (25-30 cm) and 20 in. wide (50 cm).
- Enjoys full sun or part shade and thrives in moist, fertile, well-drained soils. Best foliage color is obtained in part shade rather than in sun. Do not let the soil dry out.
- This is a graceful accent plant for beds, borders, rock gardens, city or cottage gardens and as ground cover. Excellent choice to brighten shady areas. Does well in containers too where it adds wonderful character and texture to your plant combinations.
- Deer tolerant, it requires very little care and provides year-round interest.
- Propagate by seed, sown in containers in a cold frame in spring or by division in early summer
- Cut out any dead leaves in summer and cut back to the ground in late winter (where not evergreen).
- Generally disease free. Watch for Aphids.